By submitting the form below you agree to the following expectations as a Nonprofit participating in Techies for Good:
- You’ll get the most benefit out of attending events, which are scheduled via our MeetUp group. If you’re planning on attending an event, you need to register for the MeetUp event! When you come to events, please arrive on time and be prepared, with an idea of what you want/need. Be able to communicate what you need help with (i.e. what are your problems?) and anything you might want to learn. Bring any examples and log-in/access information for websites you want real-time help with.
- Prioritize your needs. If you have multiple technology needs/questions, know your top 2-3, and focus on those during events.
- Treat events as learning opportunities. These events are great opportunities to ask technical specialists questions and learn practical skills.
- Don’t expect volunteers to become part-time employees. If volunteers offer to help outside of “Techies for Good” events, then take them up on it, but please avoid asking volunteers at events for an additional time commitment!
- Show appreciation to volunteers. Again, people are volunteering their time and skills, so remember that a simple ‘thank you’ goes a long way!