We are incredibly honored that you have considered our campus and our Academy. For the duration of your Academy course and for two months after, you receive a Student Membership (all of the perks of Coworking Membership except room reservations).
Our mission is to make Baltimore a leading global entrepreneurship destination that aligns businesses, government, not-for-profit entities, and centers of education with entrepreneurs who drive creative commercialization.
THE BETAMORE COMMUNITY
The Betamore community is a place for you to network with industry professionals and connect with what’s happening in Baltimore. We hope you take advantage of this access during your time in our Academy.
NON-MEMBERS + GUESTS
From time to time you will see non-members in the space, all of which should be accounted for by our reception. Typically they are: guest of a member, partner of Betamore, registered attendee for a community event, or a student taking a class.
All our members are allowed to bring in guests, up to 3 at any time. Each guest must be registered in advance to a manager (send an email to email@example.com) in advance of their arrival. Each guest can come up to 3 times in total before their own membership is required or continued access is based on the discretion of a manager.
STUDENT MEMBERSHIP FEATURES
- Access to high-speed wireless internet
- Free admission to member-related events held in the space
- Access to the space during normal operating hours (Monday thru Friday, 9a-6p except holidays), as well as freedom to use the space during other hours if a Manager is present
- Betamore Member Discount to classes and workshops
TUITION + REFUNDS
Tuition payments are due before the first and last class of the course. 50% is due to reserve your spot in the course, and 50% is due upon completion. If you decide to pay in full before the first class a 10% discount will be applied. Betamore reserves the right to charge late fees and/or withhold services if payments are not received on time. A compounding 5% interest rate will be applied to late payments for every 30 days unpaid (30-60 days late 5%, 60-90 days late 10%, 90+ days late 15%). If you have worked out an individual payment plan, you will receive notifications from our online billing platform when each installment is due.
Payment Methods: Students may pay via personal check, Visa, MasterCard, or American Express through our online bill payment system. If you decide to withdraw from the course early, our refund policy applies.
Refund Policy: If you need to withdraw from one of our Academy courses prior to the start of the course, we will provide you with a full refund or credit good for future use towards any Betamore product or service. If you are one week or less into the course and you are unhappy with it for any reason, you can still receive a full refund or credit. Refunds beyond that point are prorated based on the date of withdrawal (you must submit this in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org) and the amount of the full course; during the second week of the course, you can receive a refund of up to 75% of the full course tuition, and after two weeks, no refunds will be given.
￼COURSE COMPLETION + CERTIFICATION
To obtain the certificate of completion students must complete the course requirements, submit their final project, complete the end of course survey and complete tuition payment.
- Acceptance of Terms.
- Description of Services.
Betamore may provide you with access to office space, work stations, Internet access, office equipment, conference space, knowledge resources, and other services as Betamore may provide from time to time (collectively, “Services”). The Services at all times are subject to the TOU.
- No Unlawful or Prohibited Use.
As a condition of your use of the Services, you will not use the Services for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions and notices. You may not use the Services in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any Betamore server, or the network(s) connected to any Betamore server, or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of any Services. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any Services, or accounts, computer systems or networks connected to any Betamore server or to any of the Services, through hacking, password mining or any other means. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the Services.You hereby represent and warrant that you have all requisite legal power and authority to enter into and abide by the terms and conditions of this TOU and no further authorization or approval is necessary. You further represent and warrant that your participation or use of the Services will not conflict with or result in any breach of any license, contract, agreement or other instrument or obligation to which you are a party.
- Use of services.
You agree that when participating in or using the Services, you will not:
- Use the Services in connection with contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk email, spamming or any duplicative or unsolicited message (commercial or otherwise);
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information on or through Betamore’s member portal;
- Upload, or otherwise make available, files that contain images, photographs, software or other material protected by intellectual property laws, including, by way of example, and not as limitation, copyright or trademark laws (or by rights of privacy or publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consent to do the same;
- Use any material or information, including images or photographs, which are made available through the Services in any manner that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other proprietary right of any party;
- Upload files that contain viruses, Trojan Horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer or property of another;
- Download any file(s) that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally reproduced, displayed, performed, and/or distributed in such manner;
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Services;
- Violate any code of conduct of other guidelines which may be applicable for any particular Service (including the Building Rules for 1111 Light Street, posted in Betamore’s Kitchen);
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses, without the authorization or consent of the disclosing party;
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations; and
- Create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others; and
- Sleep at the Campus overnight.
During the term of this agreement and for six (6) months thereafter, you shall not solicit for hire, nor knowingly allow any of your employees, agents, officers, or representatives to solicit for hire, any employee(s) of other members of Betamore without the express written permission of the other member.
Betamore reserves the right at all times to disclose any information about you, your participation in and use of the Services as Betamore deems necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in Betamore’s sole discretion.
- You acknowledge and agree that during your participation in and use of the Services you may be exposed to Confidential Information. “Confidential Information” shall mean all information, in whole or in part, that is disclosed by Betamore, or any participant or user of the Services or any employee, affiliate, or agent thereof, that is nonpublic, confidential or proprietary in nature.￼Confidential Information also includes, without limitation, information about business, sales, operations, know-how, trade secrets, technology, products, employees, customers, marketing plans, financial information, services, business affairs, any knowledge gained through examination or observation of or access to the facilities, computer systems and/ or books and records of Betamore, any analyses, compilations, studies or other documents prepared by Betamore or otherwise derived in any manner from the Confidential Information and any information that you are obligated to keep confidential or know or has reason to know should be treated as confidential.
- Your participation in and/or use of the Services obligates you to:
- maintain all Confidential Information in strict confidence;
- not to disclose Confidential Information to any third parties;
- not to use the Confidential Information in any way directly or indirectly detrimental to Betamore or any participant or user of the Services.
- All Confidential Information remains the sole and exclusive property of Betamore or the respective disclosing party. You acknowledge and agree that nothing in this TOU or your participation or use of the Services will be construed as granting any rights to you, by license or otherwise, in or to any Confidential Information or any patent, copyright or other intellectual property or proprietary rights of Betamore or any participant or user of the Services.
- Participation In or Use of Services.
You acknowledge that you are participating in or using the Services at your own free will and decision. You acknowledge that Betamore does not have any liability with respect to your access, participation in, use of the Services, or any loss of information resulting from such participation or use.
- Disclaimer of Warranties.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Betamore provides the services “as is” and with all faults, and hereby disclaim with respect to the services all warranties and conditions, whether express, implied or statutory, including, but not limited to, any (if any) warranties, duties or conditions of or related to: merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, lack of viruses, accuracy or completeness of responses, results, workmanlike effort and lack of negligence. Also, there is no warranty, duty or condition of title, quiet enjoyment, quiet possession, correspondence to description or non-infringement. The entire risk as to the quality, or arising out of participation in or the use of the services, remains with you.
- Exclusion of Incidental, Consequential and Certain Other Damages.￼To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall Betamore or its subsidiaries (whether or not wholly-owned), affiliates, divisions, and their past, present and future officers, agents, shareholders, members, representatives, employees, successors and assigns, jointly or individually be liable for any direct, special, incidental, indirect, punitive, consequential or other damages whatsoever (including, but not limited to, damages for: loss of profits, loss of confidential or other information, business interruption, personal injury, loss of privacy, failure to meet any duty (including of good faith or of reasonable care), negligence, and any other pecuniary or other loss whatsoever) arising out of or in any way related to the participation in or inability to participate in or use of the services, the provision of or failure to provide services, or otherwise under or in connection with any provision of this agreement, even in the event of the fault, tort (including negligence), strict liability, breach of contract or breach of warranty of Betamore, and even if Betamore has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Because some states/ jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability, for consequential or incidental damages, the above limitation may not apply to you.
- Limitation of Liability and Remedies.
Notwithstanding any damages that you might incur for any reason whatsoever (including, without limitation, all damages referenced above and all direct or general damages), the entire liability of Betamore or its subsidiaries (whether or not wholly-owned), affiliates, divisions, and their past, present and future officers, agents, shareholders, members, representatives, employees, successors and assigns under any provision of this TOU and your exclusive remedy for all of the foregoing shall be limited to actual damages incurred by you based on reasonable reliance up to one month’s membership fees. The foregoing limitations, exclusions and disclaimers (including sections 8 and 9 above) shall apply to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, even if any remedy fails its essential purpose.
Betamore reserves the right to terminate any Service at any time. Betamore further reserves the right to terminate your participation in and use of any Services, immediately and without notice, if you fail to comply with the TOU.
You release, and hereby agree to indemnify, defend and save harmless Betamore and Betamore’s subsidiaries (whether or not wholly-owned), affiliates, divisions, and their past, present and future officers, agents, shareholders, members, representatives, employees, successors and assigns, jointly and individually, from and against all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, costs, expenses, judgments, fines and penalties based upon or arising out of or in connection with any act or omission of you, your team, guests or invitees related to or undertaken in connection with use of the Services or access to Betamore’s facilities. You further agree in the event that you bring a claim or lawsuit in violation of this agreement, you shall be liable for any attorneys’ fees and costs incurred by Betamore or its respective officers and agents in connection with the defense of such claim or lawsuit.
In the event that any provision or portion of this TOU is determined to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason, in whole or in part, the remaining provisions of this TOU shall be unaffected thereby and shall remain in full force and effect to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
Betamore will carry Liability and Business Personal Property insurance however all personal property on the premises is at Member’s own risk, and Betamore takes no responsibility for loss, damage, theft. It is strongly recommended that Members carry adequate insurance, including renters, personal property and general liability coverage.