I’ve been a woman in technology before I even knew “women in technology” was (or I guess, wasn’t really…) a thing. As I get more involved in the Baltimore tech & start-up scene I find myself in rooms, conferences, meetings, and events where I sincerely wonder if I’ll be the only woman. The more technical, the less there are. That is why this scholarship for the Learn to Code Workshop is being offered specifically to young women interested in tech.
Though I studied humanities and business and in college, learning the basics of web development was my gateway into technology and I think the more women that get that experience, the better for everyone.
Every girl deserves to take part in creating the technology that will change our world and change who runs it. –Malala Yousefzai
Restrictions + Qualifications
- Applicants must be female and enrolled in either an Associates or Bachelors program
- No restriction on major, GPA, etc.
- Demonstrate an interest in coding, but no previous experience is required
- The funds must be applied to one of Betamore’s Learn to Code Workshop unless otherwise specified by the donor
- Applicant must be able to provide their own laptop for the workshop, no hardware is provided
Please direct all questions regarding this scholarship opportunity to: firstname.lastname@example.org