One of the most rewarding experiences any one person or company can make is do donate their time, money and/or services to the less fortunate. Since 2008, I have had the privilege of helping 501(c)(3) Nonprofit Organizations increase awareness, volunteerism and donor funding with the help of “in-kind” programs like Google Grants and Salesforce.org “Power of Us Program”. However, these remarkable gifts from both Google & Salesforce which have significantly improved awareness and donor management for Nonprofits, desperately needs more of it’s own awareness about it’s existence and that is the reason for this article.
Online Tech companies such as Google and Salesforce realize the complexities of running fiscally successful Nonprofits in this digital age. Like all companies and organization, they are seeking the best people, strategies and tools needed to meeting and exceeding their annual fundraising goals.
In order to achieve these goals, there is no better combination than Google Grants and Salesforce.org. When we combine these (2) two service offerings together, it creates an invaluable tool that all Nonprofits need to stay competitive. Here’s what is offered:
- Google Grants = $10k/month in FREE Website Traffic:
- Google Grants gives away $10k/month in Free Advertising within the Google.com search results.
- Salesforce = FREE CRM Management to organize leads, volunteers, funding and events.
- 10 Free Subscriptions of the Enterprise Edition and deep discounts on all other services/subscriptions.
What is Google Grants?
Google Grants is a unique one-of-a-kind advertising program that is designed specifically for 501(c)(3) Nonprofit organizations. The goal of this program is to utilize and transform the Google Adwords system into a powerful tool to spread advocacy, awareness, volunteer-ism and overall increase donor funding. Google provides approved 501(c)(3) Nonprofits with $10,000 per month in in-kind AdWords™ advertising.
Who is Eligible for a Google Grant?
According to Google, they have awarded these Grants to over 20,000+ nonprofits across more than 50 countries. Nonprofits that have 501(c)(3) status and are registered through the Internal Revenue Service within the United States are eligilble to apply for this grant.
Who is NOT Eligible?
- Fiscally sponsored organizations.
- Organizations already participating in the Google AdSense program
- Organizations that are either religious or political in nature
- Organizations focused primarily on lobbying for political or policy change.
- Governmental entities and organizations, hospitals and medical groups, schools, childcare centers, academic institutions and universities are not eligible for Google Ad Grants
How does Google Grants Work?
- If your organization is selected, Google will send you an award notification via email with detailed instructions for setting up your account, and contact information for a Google Grants specialist.
- It is recommended that if you are not a certified Google Adwords Professional, hire an experienced Non-Profit Search Marketing Agency to help you get the most out of your Google Grants Program
Common FAQs about Google Grants
- The Grant/Award Value depends on overall performance of the campaign. Typical Avg Contribution is around $10k/month.
- Your maximum cost-per-click (CPC) will be $2.00 USD.
- Google creates the account for you and funds it directly.
- Your Google Grants account is subject to the same algorithms and policies as a regular account.
- Google Grants ads appear on Google.com, alongside or above the main search results.
- Google Grants ads are not eligible for distribution in the Content or Placement Targeting Networks.
- You can use Google Analytics with this Google Grants Program.
- Your ads will be entirely text-based (no videos or images).
- They’ll appear only on Google search results pages.
- All campaigns must be keyword-targeted.
To maintain your eligibility for Google Ad Grants, your organization must:
- Link your ads to one (and only one) website domain, which should be the same one that was approved in your initial application.
- Actively manage your AdWords account by logging in once a month and making at least one change to your account every 90 days.
- Your ads and keywords should match your organization’s programs and services.
- Strictly commercial advertising is prohibited. If you’re promoting products or services, 100% of the proceeds must go directly to supporting your program.
- Your ads must not link to pages that are primarily composed of links to other websites.
- Your ads may not offer financial products (like mortgages or credit cards), nor can they request donations of cars, boats, or other property.
- Your site can’t display Google AdSense ads or affiliate advertising links.
What is Salesforce Power Of Us Program?
The Power of Us program gives Nonprofits access to Salesforce products and resources to help expand their goals. This program includes 10 donated (FREE) subscriptions and deep discounts on additional subscriptions, products and/or services from Salesforce.
Salesforce understands that the most valuable asset is the staff’s time and that is where Nonprofits manage their programs and services and deliver them in efficient new ways. One of the benefits of “moving to the cloud” is streamlining manual processes and reducing paper, that spend less time on administration and more time delivering quality programs.
To learn more about the “Power of Us Program”, please visit http://www.salesforce.org/nonprofit/get-started/