Overview: Betamore is currently seeking candidates for its next Executive Director.
Betamore is an incubator, coworking space, and campus for technology and innovation. With our mission of making Baltimore a global destination for entrepreneurship, we support startup companies through incubation, education, and community development efforts. We believe in serendipitous interactions, collaboration over competition, and cultivating a community of continued curiosity.
Primary Job Function: The role of the new Executive Director is to execute the vision and strategic plan of the organization, in conjunction with the board of directors, to position Betamore for both growth and expansion, so that it may realize its full potential, while maximizing the impact of its outcomes. The executive director is responsible for growth on the three main pillars of the organization – Community, Betamore’s physical campus, and Education. This includes managing the staff and operations on a daily basis.
- Successful candidates will ideally possess a BA/BS or MA/MS in a relevant business discipline.
- Demonstrate evidence of strong organizational, interpersonal and communications skills.
- A demonstrated ability to network within the local, state & national business community.
- An ability to work with diverse groups including businesses, entrepreneurs, major corporations, universities, the public and economic development organizations.
- Always focused on delivering a superior experience to our community, entrepreneurs, students, and teachers.
- An ability to operate as a business professional and an effective educator, and show evidence of a willingness to fulfill both roles successfully.
- Experience in working with startups / early stage companies.
- Experience in being part of growing organizational management, demonstrating leadership experience and being a team player.
- Previous record of building strong networks within business, government, and nonprofit leaders.
- Experience desired in any aspect of working in or personally owning and/or operating a commercial venture.
Maintain a rapport with Betamore members, mentors, support staff, and administration as needed to carry out job responsibilities in a professional manner.
- Possess the ability to identify and recruit potential members for Betamore; discerning their readiness to start or expand a business.
- Possess skills required to instruct and assist clients in the areas of business plan development, market analysis, identification of and process to apply for sources of capital for business development and growth, business tax issues, and laws related to employment issues.
- Possess skills required to manage member and property management relations, including structural and operational procedures in the facility.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with other public and/or private organizations which provide business development assistance for the benefit of Betamore members.
The ideal candidate should be able to excel in:
- Developing strategic goals and objectives for service programs.
- Lead the preparation of the annual budget.
- Facilitating the negotiation and structure of member agreements and leases; including the collection of rents and fees.
- Acting as a liaison between the members, businesses and the Incubator throughout the region.
- Assisting in screening issues for attention/action.
- Monitoring progress of client companies.
- Establishing linkage for member funding opportunities via venture capital/equity firms and angel networks.
- Coordinating and planning Betamore advisory board and mentor meetings.
- Lead the planning and organizing Betamore events with utilizing staff.
- Presenting operating results to the board.
- Providing leadership and establishing criteria to monitor program performance.
- Developing tools and processes for program management and innovation efforts.
- Managing projects and/or personnel.
- Working to improve professional capabilities and personal knowledge in incubator management by attending workshops and conferences.
- Attending Organization meetings as required.
- …and other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
Interested candidates should send their resume along with a cover letter highlighting their interest in the position and their respective qualifications to: email@example.com.