In this course, you will learn how to work closely with a development team, ensure that highest priority work is being completed using Scrum artifacts, lead the product’s vision and goals, and effectively engage with your users.
● Introductions and overview of what 14 West does
● Roadmapping and the relation between Product Owner & Product Manager
● The importance of understanding your user and how 14 West manages to accomplish this on a day to day basis
● Planning sprints, backlog, and working with developers
● Open discussion/ questions, comments, feedback
● An understanding of the daily tasks and challenges a Product Owner faces
● An understanding of the primary skills that you should have to be a successful Product Owner
WHO SHOULD CONSIDER TAKING THIS
● Anyone beginning their career in Project and/or Product Management
● Product or Project Managers interested in moving into Product Ownership
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Joël received his undergraduate degree in Simulation and Digital Entertainment and went on to receive his masters in Interaction Design and Information Architecture. Before coming to 14 West, he spent time on the IT team at University of Baltimore and as a UX Designer and BA at a digital wellness company. When he found 14 West, he wasn't looking for a new career but he’d heard it was a nice place to work. And once he joined the team, he was glad he did. Within one year, he's launched a brand-new application, been promoted from BA to Product Owner, and he's even taken a work trip to Japan. In his spare time, Joel manages several small business websites, design video gamers, and design mobile applications.