This session will provide some tips from a marketing expert who is also an angel-investor. You’ll learn how to position your investment opportunity in the most attractive way to get the check-writers writing.
- Understand the biggest mistakes entrepreneurs make in their investor pitch
- Learn the things most entrepreneurs forget to include
- Learn the things that entrepreneurs love to talk about, but investors don’t care about
- Learn the most important things that investors want to hear
- Learn where to focus your pitch; why to avoid a demo; how to talk about your product; what matters to your market; why investors will win with you
ABOUT YOUR INSTRUCTOR
Liz Sara has more than 25 years of experience in the local high-tech community as an entrepreneur, business leader, angel investor and marketing strategy consultant to early stage tech companies. Since 2001 she has worked with 90+ companies to help them launch products and gain market adoption and revenue. She is former Chairman of the Board at the Dingman Center of Entrepreneurship at the Smith School of Business at U-MD, she is a Marketing Professor, and a mentor in several accelerators in DC, MD, VA and NYC. She currently serves as Chair of the National Women’s Business Council, a federal agency that advocates for female founders. She is a frequent speaker at conferences related to entrepreneurship, startups and marketing.