Stand Out Series: WordPress Development with ACF Pro
Stand Out Series is an intensive, two-hour education class that arms participants with practical marketing skills and know-how to help improve their businesses.
Each month, participants will be able to choose between two different marketing topics, which will be taught simultaneously.
For this event, the topics are: 1. WordPress Development with ACF Pro and 2. Digital Marketing – What Every Business Owner Needs to Know. There is a recommended $20 donation, which will be donated to a Baltimore non-profit organization.
WordPress Development with ACF Pro
Custom Fields are an essential element of any custom WordPress powered website. While this is a powerful feature, WordPress lacks the input types content editors have come to expect on the web and invite a certain margin of error. Advanced Custom Fields (ACF) Pro fills the gap by providing a framework to build beautiful, streamlined editing interfaces.
Students will learn the ins-and-outs of using ACF Pro on their projects, and walk away with the ability to craft an editing experience that empowers their clients to update their own website.
At the end of this workshop, students should be able to:
- Convert static HTML template files into a working WordPress Theme
- Create and assign ACF Pro field groups
- Fetch and display data from ACF Pro fields
- A copy of ACF Pro is required.
- Students should be prepared with either a local (MAMP or WAMP) or hosted development environment that contains a fresh install of WordPress, as well as a copy of the ACF Pro plugin files.
- We will be covering fields not available in the free version of the plugin, such as Gallery, Repeater, and Flexible Content.
- Working knowledge of FTP and WordPress development
Who Should Attend
- WordPress developers who want to expand their skillset
What to Bring
- Laptop (Mac, Windows or Linux) with a web browser, text editor or IDE, and FTP utility installed
- Development environment, local or hosted, containing a fresh WordPress install
- ACF Pro plugin files (available from https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/pro/)
This workshop will be held at the Warschawski Office located at 1501 Sulgrave Ave, Suite 350, Baltimore, MD 21209. There is metered street parking available outside the building and free street parking located within walking distance of the office on Kelly Ave. between Newbury St. and Sulgrave Ave. There is also an open air parking lot at the corner of Smith Ave. and Newbury Street near the Light Rail stop.
Contact Michele Tomlinson at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.