A coaching writing workshop targeted toward independent business owners and professionals who want to tighten up their writing and communicate more professionally
Students will be able to:
– Study their writing more closely: is it tight, clean, clear, organized, reader-friendly, and correct? Or is it wordy, confusing, long, and contains typos and grammatical errors?
– Learn to tighten up and organize their writing so as to communicate more professionally;
– Students will self-edit content they’ve previously written, assisted by the facilitator and each other. (Should they need additional guidance after the workshop, it will be available.)
– This is NOT a creative writing class, although students are welcome to bring in a sample of that type of writing for self-edits.
– Where is writing used?
– How we get too close to our writing.
– Recognize extra words used which ultimately clog up content.
– What’s wrong with these sentences?
– Simple grammatical rules we should know by now.
– Words and phrases we use which are 1) overused 2) incorrect 3) unnecessary
– How to sound more professional as you write.
Students will bring in content they’ve previously written so the facilitator can help them to self-edit; and to assist each other, thus providing another set of eyes on their writing. Content might be a newsletter, blog, website page, product description, page from an employee handbook, email, letter, or promotional material.
Should they need additional guidance after the workshop, it will be available.
This workshop will be held at Betamore’s City Garage campus at 101 W Dickman Street, Baltimore, MD 21230. Parking is available onsite.
If you are looking for additional information on workshop details, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up for our weekly list of classes & events