Power Up Your Professional Public Speaking
In today’s visual world delivering presentations effectively and professionally is essential to success. This is especially so for entrepreneurs whose funding depends on the persuasiveness of their pitch. In this workshop students will learn how to align three key aspects of communication to project a polished professional image. The three “V’s” include the Visual (how you look), Vocal (how you sound), and Verbal (what you say). This will be an interactive workshop; participants will engage in activities for each of the “V’s” of communication to practice their newly learned skills. Each student will be video-recorded at the beginning and end of the workshop and will receive access to the videos and a scoring rubric to self-evaluate their delivery skills.
- Learn what is involved in non-verbal visual communication: posture, facial expression, body language, gestures, eye contact, and interacting with visual props
- Improve non-verbal vocal communication: voice quality, rate of speech, vocal variety, pitch changes, pronunciation, and fluency
- Learn how to organize a clear and concise verbal message
- Learn how to evaluate your own presentations
- Your preferred note-taking materials
- Come prepared to engage with fellow classmates in vocal exercises, video exercises, and peer feedback activities
This workshop will be held at Betamore’s City Garage campus located at 101 W. Dickman Street, Baltimore, MD 21230. Parking is available onsite.
Reserve Your Spot Now