Learn React: Build a Webapp in a Weekend
Day 1: UI and Structure
Objective: To learn why React matters and to understand basic React concepts of components, props, and children.
By the end of day-1 students will be able to:
- Understand what React is and why it’s useful
- Build basic UI components
- Know what props are and how to use them
- Understand how child components work
- Style components in React
Day 2: Data and Events
Objective: To learn how to pass around and change data in React, and gain a starting knowledge to containers
By the end of day-2 students will be able to:
- Explain the difference between props and state
- Utilize events and handlers to change state
- Understand React’s lifecycle methods
- Create and use basic data containers
Is this for Me?
This workshop is ideal for:
- Experienced web developers who are looking to learn about and start using React
To gain the most out of this workshop, participants must:
- Know enough HTML to create a simple webpage
If you are unsure if this is workshop will be a good fit, please complete this short online coding challenge: https://goo.gl/forms/TtRUPof7nGj5Eay63
What do I need to bring?
This workshop will be held at Betamore’s City Garage campus at 101 W. Dickman Street, Baltimore, MD 21230. Parking is available onsite.
If you are looking for additional information on workshop details from the instructor, please don’t hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org
Reserve Your Spot Now