The Startup Holy Grail: Getting to Product-Market Fit
Has an investor, another founder or even a potential employee ever asked you, “So, do you have product-market fit?” This workshop is designed for individuals starting, building and growing high potential startups who want to answer the following questions:
- What is product-market fit and how will I know when I’ve got it?
- How do I build and execute my startup to get and have evidence that we’ve got Product-Market Fit?
Marc Andreessen says: The only thing that matters is getting to product/market fit. Eric Ries calls product market fit the “startup holy grail.” If you don’t you if you have it — you probably don’t. And if you don’t know how to run and execute your company to find it, you probably won’t. We’ll discuss how investors evaluate companies and designing systems and processes to get rapid feedback on your progression to improve your changes of future funding and continued growth.
Product-Market Fit: Find it + Leverage it to Attract Investors
Product-Market Fit is like good parenting: everyone talks about it, nobody really knows how to do it, everyone thinks everyone else is doing it, so everyone claims they are doing it… (as a new dad of two daughters under 2, I can definitely vouch that this is true!). It’s critically important to your startup and investors want to know you have it before they invest. Most often you’ll hear investors say, “doesn’t quite seem like you’ve got product-market fit yet,” and you are stuck saying ‘Well, she’s pretty smart so maybe she’s right.” This workshop is a hands-on course for founders, investors and others in the startup space to understand what Product-Market Fit is, how to know you have it (or you don’t), how to architect your business to build towards it, and how to tell the story about it when you’ve got it. If you are considering raising an Angel, Seed or Series A round, this is critical to understand. Learn how to leverage smart tactics to build up the evidence of a Product-Market fit story to raise investment.
What You’ll Learn:
- The three stages to finding product-market fit
- Why it’s “the only thing that matters” and how investors evaluate it in prospective investments
- How to gather information from your customers to provide evidence of product-market fit
- What to do if you don’t have it (yet) and what are the key metrics to focus on
- How to align your product and sales/marketing teams for the PMF process
- Hiring the right talent to execute on a ‘fit-finding’ process
Stuff to Bring
- Notetaking materials
This workshop will be held at Betamore’s campus on the 4th Floor at 1111 Light Street, Baltimore, MD 21230. For parking + directions visit: bit.ly/betamorepark
Reserve Your Spot Now