Stand Out Series: Digital Marketing – What Every Business Owner Needs to Know
Stand Out Series is an intensive, two-hour education class that arms participants with practical marketing skills and know-how to help improve their businesses.
Each month, participants will be able to choose between two different marketing topics, which will be taught simultaneously.
For this event, the topics are: 1. WordPress Development with ACF Pro and 2. Digital Marketing – What Every Business Owner Needs to Know. There is a recommended $20 donation, which will be donated to a Baltimore non-profit organization.
Digital Marketing – What Every Business Owner Needs to Know
Understanding the fundamentals of digital marketing is a prerequisite for success in today’s always-on, hyper-connected world. For most companies, digital marketing represents a “brave new world,” filled with the promise of higher efficiency, greater transparency and massive bottom-line impact.
However, most organizations and business owners lack the knowledge and skills necessary to maximize the impact that digital can have on their business. In this course, we’ll provide a thorough review digital advertising theory alongside real-world examples and practical advice in a fast-paced, interactive environment. We’ll review common mistakes digital advertisers make and discuss best practices for avoiding them.
At the end of this workshop, students will have a basic knowledge of the digital landscape to:
- Select the digital channels that are right for your business and industry
- Create buyer persona(s) and leverage them to find your target audience(s) on major ad platforms
- Align analytics and KPIs with your business goals
- Create basic digital campaigns that utilize (2) and (3) above on major ad networks
- Create, understand, and utilize basic analytics reports to evaluate the success of each channel
- Bring all of this together and create your first successful digital marketing campaign
- Students should have a basic understanding of marketing principles and digital marketing
Who Should Attend
- Traditional marketers looking to expand their skillset
- Business owners and executives who want to learn more about how digital marketing can help their business
- Digital Marketers seeking information on the latest industry trends and best practices
What to Bring
- A laptop
- Google-registered e-mail account (to share on a project)
This workshop will be held at the Warschawski Office located at 1501 Sulgrave Ave, Suite 350, Baltimore, MD 21209. There is metered street parking available outside the building and free street parking located within walking distance of the office on Kelly Ave. between Newbury St. and Sulgrave Ave. There is also an open air parking lot at the corner of Smith Ave. and Newbury Street near the Light Rail stop.
Contact Michele Tomlinson at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.