Design Thinking: Innovate Rapidly, Appropriately, and CreativelyEnroll for $45
Design Thinking is a user-centered methodology for spurring creativity and innovation. Born out of Silicon Valley, it’s not only what startups use to discover product-market fit and stay nimble, but also what Fortune 500 companies like Apple and Google use to deliver products that solve real needs and delight customers.
Most people already agree with the key tenets of Design Thinking (listen to users, prototype and iterate rapidly, etc.), but few actually know how to effectively implement these principles. In this workshop, not only will you learn from case studies of Design Thinking, you will develop a toolkit of how to implement it in your work and life through hands-on exercises.
This workshop is led by two Stanford entrepreneurs who have not only used design thinking to build their own startups, but have taught it to executives at Fortune 500 companies, entrepreneurs, and non-profit leaders. At the end of this workshop, you will have the tools you need to better understand your users and their needs, discover new opportunities, and innovate your way to success.
Workshop participants will develop a toolkit of methods to apply the creative problem solving process in their own work. The group will practice:
- Conducting effective user interviews
- Identifying user needs
- Facilitating meaningful brainstorming sessions
- Rapid prototyping brainstorm session results
- Collecting valuable user feedback in order to iterate
- What is “Design Thinking”?
- The importance of empathy when innovating
- Activity: User interviews
- What a “Deep Dive” really means
- Activity: Developing POV statements
- Creating an environment conducive to ideation
- Activity: Brainstorming
- Rapid Prototyping and User Testing
- Activity: Prototyping and user feedback
- Review + Personal Applications
This workshop meets on Thursday, Dec 14 at 8:30am. This course will be held at Betamore @ City Garage located at 101 W. Dickman Street, Baltimore, MD 21230. Parking is available onsite.
If you are looking for additional information on workshop details from the instructor, please don’t hesitate to email email@example.com
Reserve Your Spot