An Investor’s Guide to Building Your Pitch
One of the most important and difficult jobs for startup founders, entrepreneurs, and CEOs is raising money. This workshop is built on the foundations of Pitch Creator, an online self-paced learning resource for CEOs to develop their pitch. Join us for an in person experience to ask questions, get feedback, meet the experts and build your strongest pitch. Over a two-part series we will guide you through an efficient process of developing an effective pitch, while also explaining the “why” behind many of the topics so you will be able to adapt your presentation to your audience and over time as your business changes.
- Develop a concise and impactful opening sentence to communicate what is most important about their business
- Create an Investment Summary (“Read Me” pitch) to provide to investors in advance of presenting
- Understand that the Investment Summary is a highly distilled business plan that covers the topics potential investors are most interested in, and serves to summarize that information in a way that makes it easy for investors to quickly read and comprehend key aspects of your venture
- Formalize a Foundation Slide Deck (“Listen to Me” pitch) in a purposeful order that makes the most sense to the investor
- Understand the “why” of each slide and the order they are in
Is this for me?
This workshop is built to provide a live learning experience of the content found on Pitch Creator. For example, it may be interesting for you, if:
- You are an entrepreneur or founder looking to improve the quality of your pitch materials
- You want to learn how to “speak the language” of investors
Does it work?
“As a first-time founder, pitching your company is incredibly daunting. For me, Pitch Creator (formerly CEO Pitch Coach) boiled the art of the pitch down into concise, consumable parts that I used to raise over $800,000 in my first seed round.” —Param Shah, Founder and CEO, Fusiform
“I drafted the “read me pitch” within the first 24 hours of seeing your presentation. It took some time, 3-4 hours, but when I was done, it was a very concise and detailed perspective that brought all important issues up front for investors.”–Randexyboxy Roy, Founder and CEO, exyBox
Day One: The Opening Sentence + Investment Summary
Understanding the “why” behind framing a foundational pitch for investors is key to developing and executing a well thought-out and impactful pitch. By the end of this session, participants will:
- Refine their opening sentence to encourage investor interest in taking the time to listen to their pitch
- Understand the key components to an investment summary, or “read me” pitch
- Students will be expected to refine their investment summary between the two sessions
Day Two: Reviewing the Investment Summary + Formalizing the Slide Deck
When investors asks an entrepreneur to “send me your deck,” what they really want is your Investment Summary and your slide deck. The Investment Summary provides a clear preview of the important topics for investors before you give your verbal pitch. By the end of this session, participants will:
- Receive feedback on their Investment Summaries
- Build out a compelling and well-thought out investor-minded foundational slide deck
- Develop confidence about their overall pitch and next steps to engage investors
- Draft your opening sentence using the resources found at: http://www.pitchcreator.com/success-stories/
- Specifically the video and article!
- Read through the Investor Summary section found here: http://www.pitchcreator.com/foundation-pitch/
- Bring your draft with you to the first session prepared to share
Stuff to Bring
- Laptop, and anything else you need to take notes
- Opening Sentence (a draft is fine)
- Current Investment Summary and/or Business plan
This is a two part workshop that will take place on Thursday, March 23 and Thursday, March 30.
Reserve Your Spot Now